Swimming Pool Costs
Swimming pool cost will depend on many factors, including:
- the shape and design of the pool
- the construction materials used
- the time it will take to build
- equipment rental for excavation
- pool features and accessories
- permits and licenses
On average, a basic inground pool normally ranges from $20,000-$40,000, but options are endless, so spending up to $200,000 is no longer unrealistic.
Gunite and fiberglass are normally priced higher in the price spectrum, while vinyl liner pools tend to be less expensive.
Other costs to consider when building a pool:
- How much property tax and extra insurance will I pay?
- How much will the additional electricity or other energy cost?
- How much will it cost me to build a fence and purchase or install other safety features?
- How much will swimming pool chemicals cost?
- How much will additional landscaping cost?
- How much will lighting cost?
- What other accessories do I need and (i.e covers, toys, decks, cleaner, test kits, slides, etc.)
Advertiser Links for Swimming Pools